If you are a parent, teacher or employer, you would be well aware of the importance of drug testing. It is not only for the safety and welfare of your child, but also because it’s a legal requirement in many parts of the country. When the drug test results come back positive, then you can expect disciplinary actions against you.
However, if you do not have an easy and effective way to test for drugs, then you will find yourself facing serious consequences that may affect your career as well as your relationships with others. Saliva drug tests are becoming increasingly popular and for good reason. They’re easy to administer, and they’re quick and accurate. But what exactly is a saliva drug test, and how does it work? A saliva drug test is a type of drug test that uses a sample of your saliva to detect the presence of drugs in your system This page has detailed information about it.
There are many types of saliva drug tests available today. They differ from each other based on their effectiveness, ease-of-use and the accuracy of their results. Here’s a comprehensive guide to all the major types of saliva drug tests.
Saliva Drug Test Kits
The most common type of saliva drug test kits are those which use a method called ‘saliva swabbing’. This technique involves using a cotton swab to collect samples of the subjects’ saliva.
These swabs are then sent to a lab for testing. The lab sends out its own sample (which is usually a urine sample) so that they can compare the two and determine whether the subject has used any illegal substances or drugs.
These tests are considered to be more accurate than those done by just taking a blood sample because they detect the presence of certain chemicals in the body that result from the intake of different kinds of substances. In addition, these tests are cheaper and less invasive too.
You should note that when choosing a saliva drug testing kit, there are some things that you need to consider before buying one. These include:
- Determine what kind of substance you want to test for – There are several types of substances that are banned in most places, including marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, opiates, amphetamines and PCP. Some tests can also detect alcohol and tobacco usage, depending on how much you consume.
- Choose between home or clinic testing – There are two main options here: at home or in a pharmacy or doctor’s office. While both types are safe, the former takes longer and costs more than the latter.
- Consider the price of the test – One thing that you must keep in mind is the cost of the test itself. While some companies offer discounts, others won’t. If you don’t care about saving money, then you should go for the cheapest possible option. But if you want something a little better, check the reviews online.
- Get a guarantee – Many companies provide guarantees to ensure that you get a clean bill of health after testing. However, this doesn’t mean that you won’t fail the test. So make sure that you read the fine print carefully before purchasing.
- Be careful with the privacy policies – This is one area where you need to pay attention. All companies have different security measures and privacy policies. Make sure that you understand them thoroughly before you buy.
- Understand the results – Once you have purchased a saliva drug test kit, you will receive the results within 48 hours. The process normally includes getting your sample tested in a laboratory and the reporting of the results.
- Read the instructions carefully – Each kit comes with detailed instructions, but some people still end up failing their test due to simple mistakes that they make. Keep reading until you are confident that you know exactly what you are supposed to do.
- Avoid using the wrong samples – If you are planning to use someone else’s samples, make sure that they have been properly cleaned first. Otherwise, you run the risk of contaminating the results.
- Don’t forget to store the kit properly – Most drug testing kits include instructions for proper storage after use. Make sure that you follow them to avoid unnecessary problems later on.
- Avoid mixing multiple tests together – The best way to ensure that you pass every test is to test separately. Mixing different types of tests together will likely result in false positives.
- Be patient – As mentioned above, waiting for the results is the most important step. It could take anywhere from 24 hours to 72 hours for the test to be completed and the results to be reported.
- Check out the company’s reputation – A good company will always stand behind its products. Before you purchase a product, check out their customer service page to see if they have received negative feedback. If they do, then move on to another brand.
- Follow the guidelines – In most cases, you will be required to submit a hair sample to confirm the results. So make sure that you follow the instructions provided by the company.
- Do not try to cheat the system – Cheating is never going to help anyone. Even worse, you might even find yourself facing serious criminal charges. So make sure that you follow the rules!